"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, June 25

Where's Mickey?

I have heard rumors about hidden Mickey's at Disneyland but never thought too much about it until last week. For some reason I couldn't get these little Mickey's that were hidden all around Disneyland out of my mind....so I went out and bought a book about the Mickey's and were to find them.
I found out that there are over 200 hidden Mickey's placed through out the main park and California Adventure by the imagineers (the people who build and design the rides and other elements of the park). In the book it says that an official list of these Mickey's does not seem to exist, and while Disney's stand on it is, "If a guest thinks they see a hidden Mickey, then it is a hidden Mickey''---but the book gives hints on how to tell if it is the real thing, or what they call "wishful thinking". It also gives you hints on where to find them.
I shared all this with Brody when he got back from Dallas....and we set off to find our selves some hidden Mickey's!

Here is our, "The search for Mickey" photo.....Ya I know, we're dorks! =)
The first Mickey we found was just out side of California Adventure in the pavement.



This Mickey was by Splash Mountain
On the Winnie The pooh ride...
Alice in Wonderland ride....it's a bit hard to see (I almost missed the photo all together) in the photo you can only see about half of it, but you can still see that it there! =)
On the way out...
We had so much fun looking and we found so many of them (but didn't want to post all the photos)...and still have allot to find, it will be fun to find them here and there over the years! There are always new ones, as new rides and such are added! =)

*If you haven't stopped by in awhile, there are lot's of new posts below! (Well, all of them are new really....after....what happened!) =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So fun!! I love "The search for Mickey" photo, that was too funny. You guy's are so cute. This is making me want to move back and buy a year pass! : o )