"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, August 16

F is for Fair, Food and Fun


This past Saturday we caught the Fair just before it closed up for the summer. After Brody did a 25m bike ride with the Scouts (working up to their 50 miler), we headed over for some fair food and sights! 


Lunch

All smiles next to my worst nightmare ; ) 
This Ice Museum was an exhibit I was really excited to see
All the walls were made from ice...

Even the little walls that separated us from the works were all ice and craved in detail...

Before we entered they offered us fleece blankets 

Brody in the ice tunnel

Mmmm ice shark! 
Everyones glasses coming out of the museum were completly frosted over. There were some who would write things in the frost of them...but in the sun, by the time I got the camera out and ready the sun had gotten the best of the frost. 
Some of the delightful fair food 
The one on the top right is Fried Frog Legs, top left is a doughnut chicken sandwhich...*sigh*...so gross.  

We did try the Fried Oreos. Turns out, its like an Oreo cake, and not at all as gressy as I thought they would be. 


Brody on the big slide! 

He got the idea to win me a stuffed animal, and tried a couple games
It was so fun to watch him : ) 

He tried a balloon popping game, were you had 4 darts to win a prize of your choice. Without even thinking he just throw the darts one after another and popped them all!! And I LOVE my little dog he won me, it's SO soft! : ) 

We stopped in to see the "worlds largest gator"...to be honest, he didn't look as big as I was hopping, but I have never seen one in person that close up. To me, that was worth the dollar. : ) 


 

Such a fun Satuerday afternoon!!! 

No comments: