"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, April 8

Girls Camp!!

Some of you may already know, but I am now the ward Girls Camp Director! This is my second time over camp, although no one in my ward knew that before they called me. My meeting with the Bishop was really funny, and I told him that all day before my meeting with him, I knew I was going to be over camp (no one ever said anything to me, and I never told ANYONE I had done it before), and I had already been thinking up ideas before he and I met---he thought that was pretty funny (and I'm sure kinda odd). I was sort of overwhelmed for a sec and then I started getting tons of ideas, and now I am just excited about it all! =)

We had our first stake camp certification night tonight where we all learned CPR. Our ward was in charge of refreshments, so I ordered some Cost Co sheet cakes, and everyone loved them!! =)We are having camp at a really nice place called Alpine Meadows. The Stake theme is 'Light' and the girls in my ward picked the theme 'Lava Lamp', they want it to be a 70's theme. They have LOT'S of ideas including tie dieing shirts, black light posters, peace signs and more. It is a fun group of girls and leaders & it should be a fun Girls Camp this year! I am excited to get to know the girls more and have a lot of fun activities! =) 

Here is a group of girls learning CPR on a dummy 
I have also set up a blog for our ward where I am going to post info about camp, photos, deadlines, meetings and more....As of now I am planning on making it private soon, so if you want to check it out before that happens click {here} 

No comments: