"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, September 2

Labor Day Weekend

On Thursday night Brody and I went to the Angels game! I love going to games, and we are so glad we didn't miss this one. It started off bad with the Rangers getting 3 runs in the 1st, but then our Angels got it back by taking back the lead in the 7th and winning!! It was so exciting when they started to pick it back up! The Rally Monkey was out in full force (and who doesn't love that little Monkey) and when they took the lead we were all on our feet cheering and giving the people around us high fives!! It was such a fun night---with hot dogs, shakes and the Angels with an exciting win....you can't ask for a better night at the ball park!


Brody watching the game from right behind the bull pen...We loved the seats, we were field level and front row for only $12. Our new favorite place to sit!
Since we were so close to the players warming up, one of them tossed Brody a ball. He loves that it looks nice and used!

I had some dental work done earlier in the day, which I had REALLY been looking forward to, no really, because I only slept about 6 hours the two nights before because of the pain----basically I had to have an old root canal re-done because it developed a bad infection. The right side of my mouth was so sore that night! But it was SO much better then infection pain! =)
In my Angels gear, and with our Angels blanket.



Whoo Hoo, we won!!

Jack Johnson Concert
We had been waiting for this night for months!! We both have had his new CD in our cars since it came out, and we are still not tired of it. It was such a great concert! He is so good live, and did allot of our favorite songs. We sat up on the lawn, and got there early enough to get the front so no one would block our view, it was great! He had this lady who opened for him named Paula Fuga, she was SO good---she also came out and sang a song with him (that you can see in a video at the end of this post). It was such a great concert and didn't let us down, but I do have to say, even though we loved seeing him live, we aren't fans of the concert crowds! ....If you have a chance to see him live, don't pass it up!!
After the Brad Paisley concert which took us about 2 hours to get home when it normally takes us about 5mins, we tried parking across the street in an office parking lot. It was perfect! We saved on parking, and got home SO much faster! We found a lot of people do it---If your going here soon, it's worth a try...to save time and money! =)
The lawn "seating"

Jack...


Here we are at almost midnight
This is the shirt Jack was wearing at the concert! We loved it so much I ordered one for Brody. If you like it or know someone who would Click Here---each purchase supports the Surfrider Foundation!


Here is some video I took at the concert, and toward the end is a clip of Jack and Paula singing together! Im ready to look her up and see if I can get her stuff on itunes! =) Enjoy!



Disneyland
Labor Day was nice and relaxing! Brody and a friend from the ward went golfing for most of the day, which was really great, I love when he gets the chance to go play! Then we ended up at Disneyland (shocking, I know), which was surprisingly not super crowed like we were preparing ourselves for! We waited maybe 20min at the most, it was so great!!

On Buzz Lightyear: I think this is the first time I have had a higher score than Brody....I'm pretty sure he let me win!
Finding Nemo Ride
Getting on the sub for Finding Nemo

We hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday, and enjoyed some time off!! =)

No comments: