"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley
Wednesday, September 24
Mmmmm Diddy Riese....
Recently I have been hearing a lot about this place called 'Diddy Riese'. It is an ice cream/cookie place....that also has hot dogs and such, but is really known for ice cream sandwiches! I looked it up and it happened to be right by the Westwood Expo, which we have been going to for years, and this fantastic ice cream sandwich place has been hiding out right near it all this time (well it opened in 1983--so well before my Expo days)! Today after Brody and I were done at Expo we stopped by to see what this ice cream place was all about. It was soooooo good! We shared a nice big ice cream cookie sandwich for just $1.50 (single cookies are .35) ! We loved it---it's too bad it is all the way up in the Westwood Village---but now we know where we are going to go for a sweet treat when we are in LA. If you are in the LA area stop by and try one for your self (if you see a line, it's ok, it moves fast!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the blog. And oh how I LOVE Diddy Riese. My ward used to go there after we did temple trips. I once drove all the way to LA late at night because I was craving one so bad.
check us out at www.familytraylor.blogspot.com
-Alexandra
Post a Comment