We ran up to the parks for a bit a couple weeks ago on a friday night. We were going to get in a couple of our favorite rides, the fireworks, get an ice cream or something and then head home.
Here we are all happy on Main Street heading to Star Tours....
.....and then here was the scene about an hour later after riding Pirates! haha. Just a bit different!
It was the last ride of the night and just before closing (I was almost out injury free). The CM asked if anyone in our boat wanted to ride again, but we were going to get off and shop on Main Street. I got off ok, and then realized that I left my water bottle on the boat. I hopped back in real quick to get it (standing on the bench) and then quickly remembered that the boat was going to head back out soon. For some reason thinking I should get off fast because he might have already sent the boat go (obviously not thinking I would jump back on.) I hopped back out (a lot of not so good split sec decisions. Oh well) and my right ankle rolled under me and I went RIGHT down, HARD! It was a total shock, and hurt SO, SO badly!
The cast members were so great. Sent for the nurse right away. She and security were there shortly after with a wheel chair for me. I tried to walk out on my own, but it ended up hurting too bad to even sit my foot down on the rest of the wheel chair. I had to hold it up off of it.
Totally unlike us, we really didn't get as many photos of this whole thing as I would have liked. Just shows I was really in pain. haha. But when we got near First Aid, I quickly came to and told Brody we should get something of being wheeled in. So he got the 10 sec video below. Haha. It's better than nothing! : )
Hanging out in First Aid with my ankle on the rocks!
My view : )
But It was kind of fun to see a part of the parks we hadn't experienced before.
They had Brody go get the car and bring it around the 15 min parking area on Harbor, and a security guard wheeled me out! This was my view done Main Street at about 12:30am, and then the bus area going to the car, haha!
And this was what my Saturday looked like. Giving it plenty of rest, ice and elevation! : )
Now a couple weeks later, it's alllllmost looking normal again!
What an adventure!



