Happy Halloween!!
We hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday! : )
This year we spent the weekend at Disneyland! We went to our traditional (I think this is our 6th year!) Mickeys trick-or-treat in the park party----this year we went as Flynn Rider and Rapunzel from Tangled. Due to being sick and working, I made Brody's vest totally last min (that day)...I mean I sewed the last stitch just before we went out the door (It even has a corduroy lining to keep him warm) ! I had some close calls and had to call in a substitute sewing machine, cut some corners, but I finished it and people knew JUST who he was, even if I wasn't close by. That made me extra proud of my hard work! : )
They really dress up the park and add even more decor and little details that are not normally in the park during normal business hours. They even change all the park music to fit the spooky Halloween mood. I love all the fog they add to Rivers of America!

I was even able to get Pascal for our costume...apparently he's hard to find now. He was one of the best parts of that movie. We had so many people complement our costumes and mention that they love that we even had Pascal. : )

Here are some clips and photos of the Halloween firework show that they now only do for the Halloween party's. It is one of our favorite shows!
Take a peek!

Being in a bit of a rush, I sewed one of Brody's clasps wrong, and it wouldn't stay shut....oops! But he still looked so perfect!! : )



spoooooky....

There were little dance parties all over the park....here is a little clip of one in Tomorrowland.
My Costume I found at Disneyland a couple weeks before. It is a youth Large, and I just did some alterations to it---I had to take out A LOT of the poof, take it in and change the neck line. It was perfect!

We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel!!
The room was so nice, we had a great view and a lot of cute Disney touches, which was really fun!
My favorite part was the headboard!! It lights up and plays music!

Here's a little video of the headboard! I need this for our room! The stars even softly twinkled during the light. I was the best thing ever! : )
Brody is amazing! He's always has sweet little things up his sleeve. At some point while we were at the Halloween party, he called room service and had chocolate dipped strawberries and sparkling apple cider delivered to the room for when we got back! It was heaven!! : )


I loved the detail of the hotel...even the room number plates looked like the Jungle Cruise.

On our way to Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen before heading into the park!!

They have this great restaurant in the hotel---and we have friends that go a lot and are always saying how good it is, so we thought we'd try it out! : )

They have a big buffet, made to order omelets, pancakes, waffles, ice cream and SO much more! They have something called a PB&J Pizza, which I guess is one of the things they are known for. We tried it out of pure curiosity, not expecting much, but it was SO good! I've even looked up the recipe to try it at home.

We did one of our "self photography" shots with Pluto, and I LOVE how it came out!

Christmas is starting to appear now! One of my favorite spots for the decorations!

...and we got on to some of our holiday favorites, like the Haunted Mansion!

The weekend was SUCH a blast!! It was better than I had ever hoped. : )
It is so much fun to stay up there, it makes the whole experience feel different and more like a vacation, we have really loved our stays at the resort!
(The photo below is still my favorite one of our costumes. This was taken on one of our phones. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment