"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, October 3

Mainland fever: Escape to Kaua'i, Part 2

Yikes! It's been a long time since I have updated the blog. We have been super busy, and there are a lot of things to catch up on, but we're not done re-capping HI yet. Sooo, back to the islands for part two!

Have I mentioned that we LOVED hanging out at this pool? ; )
We all made great use of our water football and the slides, lots of fun...and everyone got in on it! : )

I love this shot of Brody up on the side wall of the slide
...and this one! : )
One morning we ate at a local restaurant called, Kountry Kitchen, it was SO good! A place not to miss out on for breakfast.
Later that day Brody and I checked in at the resorts spa for an 80min massage (the longest they offered).


It was SO amazingly relaxing!! : )
We heard an ad on the radio that there was a local drag race going on that weekend. Of course we couldn't help but to go check it out. The guys were in heaven with all the cars!



Lauren and Dad
Here's a video of the first race, and the most exciting moment of the night!

Dad and Brody reveiwing a great run
They had a little family run food stand set up....and since we wanted to watch more of the races, we tried it out.
See how they both can't stop watching the cars? : )
The food was SO good!! Some of the best I've had.
{ Yup, more food photos ; ) Yummy! }
The next day I went with golfing with the guys....I LOVE tagging along snapping tons of photos, so you will have to bare with me on the long string of golf photos ahead. I love golf photography, it's lots of fun!
It's even more fun when it's such a breathtaking course! : )
Dad did really well for not golfing very much. Always impresses me!
One of the things we have always loved about this course, are the jungles we get to drive though.
Check out all the warning signs...
Here's a little peak into driving through one of the jungles! So, so fun!!

Brody hitting over a big jungle....and made it!!
If you look close, you can see the ball leave his club...maybe you will have to click on the photo to make it larger.
Dad driving through one of the jungles
Dad's ball heading right for the hole! : )


So, so pretty!!

This little bird hopped RIGHT into the cart the second I stepped out, looking for food.
Obviously not his first encounter with a golf cart. ; )


The planes landed RIGHT next to this hole. It was SO cool.
This hole was amazingly beautiful! It looks like a painting.

One of my favorites from the day
Watching the waves come into the bay : )

Another favorite. It was such a fun day, and they both played very well. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day with such few people on the course.
Perfect, perfect, perfect!
Stay tuned for the 3rd and final part of our trip re-cap.
Thanks for never giving up on the blog!
: )

No comments: