Last night we went to our annual Mickey's Trick-or-Treat party at Disneyland. Some years we dress up and some we don't. This year, this (the photo below) was the inspiration for our costumes! Woody & Bo Peep, from Toy Story.
The Toy Story rides have always been our favorites and with the movie release in 3D and the new one coming out, it seemed like the perfect costumes for us! Since it is next to impossible to find a woman's costume that is even close to modest, I decided I would dust off my sewing machine and have a go at making our costumes this year! It went SO much better than I was expecting, and it was so much fun to do. Now, I am looking for another project to fill this void now that I am done with these! =)
After we ate dinner, we went over to go on the Toy Story Mania ride and found that they had a Toy Story set up to take photos with the characters. I was SO excited about this!
They were all very much in character and interacting with us as if we were in the movie. It was really cute! A little boy came up to them in a Buzz Lightyear outfit, and the toy soldiers talked with him as if he was their leader. Of course the little boy was so delighted! =)


They had all the creepy characters out!

The Trick-Or-Treat stops
They had these dance areas, where you could party with the characters =)

The decorations are always fun

No Woody costume would be complete without a pull string. Every once in a while I would tug on it and Brody would do one of Woody's sayings! Ha! =) "There's a snake in my boot", "Reach for the sky!", "You're my favorite Deputy" and many more. =) My favorite part of the outfit.
Brody walking over a big pumpkin =)
Tower of Terror. A great Halloween ride!
Spider web over the big bear
Brody dancing---a bit hard to see--but that is what you are seeing =)

Bo Peep Hooking Woody! We had SO much fun, got lots of candy, went on lots of rides (and on CA Screaming my hair did not move even a little bit it was so hair sprayed---I was so happy to wash it all out and feel my hair move again! haha =) and got a TON of really nice comments about our costumes. And by the time we got home it was 46* outside! So cold! It was such a great night!!
1 comment:
YOU are AWESOME!!! what great costumes! You guys make the cutest woody and bo peep! Looks like you had so much fun!!!
Post a Comment