"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, October 27

Welcome home AD!!

It seems like just yesterday Brody and I went to the MTC to see AD off on her mission to Manchester New Hampshire. It was such a neat experience to be there with her, the Foy's and Grandma Shannon--and go through that process of seeing the video (which I hear they don't do anymore), hearing from people at the MTC, and saying good-bye along with hundreds of other people in this huge room.

It's amazing how fast time goes. In what feels like a flash, we were taking another trip out out to see her, but this time---to welcome her home!!

This was on our way to AZ, and probably one of my favorite photos in awhile, I was laughing for like 30 miles or so. We love road trips!!
Isn't he the cutest hitchhiker you have ever seen? =)
Sadly I didn't get too many photos. But I did get some when us "kids" (Brody, me, AD, Brooks and Nikki) all went out to breakfast at 'Joe's Farm House', the morning we all left for home.

We took family photos here a couple years ago at Thanksgiving, and I thought it would be fun to take a couple at the same place now that she is home. What a cute bunch! =)
...and they like to have fun...
...and the guys love having their sister home!
It was really fun to see them all together again! =)


It's great to have her home, and we had a great time in AZ visiting with her and the family! We are so glad she had such a great mission. We all had the opportunity to listen to her bare her testimony this past Sunday, and you can feel such a strong spirit from her, just listing to her we knew even more what an amazing missionary she was, and through her stories we know she touched many lives for the better and was such a strong tool in the New Hampshire Mission in bringing forth the Lords work. She is such a great example to all, and you know she has such wonderful things ahead of her! We love you AD! =)

No comments: