A long time ago (I say that because I'm not too sure how long ago) they drained the lake in Disney's California Adventure, to start the process of creating new night time water show called 'World of Color'! This past Friday night was the first night it was open to the public.
For now there are only 3 ways you can get into the viewing area, you can (1) Show up first thing in the morning and hope to get a fast pass in (2) Buy a "box dinner" to eat while you wait in line and not guaranteed good viewing, or (3) A dinner package at one of there restaurants, ether Arials Grotto or Wine Country Trattoria. The only open spot for opening night by the time I called was the Trattoria, which was fun because it was new and opening that night as well (and we have already been to Arials Grotto).
They had a special menu for the World of Color package. We LOVED this place, the food was amazing!! So good that I got close to eating every bit, which I normally don't get close to---I just keep eating because it was so good! : )

Our fast passes for the show :)

Brody put tiny Mickey ears on me : )
One of the things I was so looking forward to was this glowing cotton candy (it's really the small things in life) :) ...and Brody (being the great husband he is) hunted it down for me!
It was a fun snack for the show!
(it has a LED light up wand inside of it that would glow different colors and different speeds, don't worry, it's not radioactive or anything) ; )
The show was nothing short of amazing! It was very entertaining, beautiful and is always fun to see clips of your favorite Disney movies. What they did with the water, light and color was very captivating! : )
Here are some shots of the show:
These water jets shoot up to 200ft into the air, it was awesome!!
Under the Sea
Finding Nemo
Toy Story
Aladin
Fire during Pirates (I think). The Pirates was one of my favorite parts of the show, it is in the video at the bottom. : )
The dining package puts you in the perfect spot. Its sort of raised up and right in the middle, and was not crowed like the other viewing areas. And most important, it was far enough back to not get super wet...we still got a bit wet, but I couldn't imagine how it would have been if we were closer.
Wall-E
For the summer they also started up what is called, 'Glow Fest' on Hollywood street. It is sort of like a big "glowing dance party". They have it set up much like they do at New Years, with lights, music and more.
Having fun a little hopped up on sugar...haha
Glowing Drink (the cups light up), and snack stands
The people dancing in the gated area are being filmed and show up big in the upper left of the pic on the building...that was pretty cool!
It was such a fun date night!! If you have passes or thinking about getting some, there are a lot of fun things going on at the parks for summer! : )
Also, here is a little video of bits of the 'World of Color' show.
No comments:
Post a Comment