Remember last year when Brody was sick and I went up to the Rose Bowl to check out the Tour of California for him {click here for a flash back}? Well this year he stayed healthy and we were able to go together!! : )
It was so much fun!
We got an early start, and got to the Staples Center at about 9:30am.
We got to see all the teams show up, set up, and warm up!
How cool is that? We loved it!: )
This is a guys bike who is the American time trial leader.....something like that : )
Brody with Team Radio Shack behind, that had just pulled up!
Levi getting ready to do a warm up round.
The route, with the starting line just down there behind Brody
...and just down there was the Finish line
We had a lot of fun in the fair, looking at all the stuff they had set up, and the things they had to give out! : )
How cute is he?
Brody & Lances new magazine cover : )

And our photo with the team (via green screen) : )

We had a nice lunch in LA Live right there by the Staples Center at a place called..."Rockin Fish"? Something like that. : )
Checking out the leader board
We found a great place along the route and set up camp, to watch them all fly by us!
See that cow bell I have?? I tried so hard last year to get one (they had been handing them out before I got there).....this year they weren't really handing them out. But we were passing the VIP area at ESPN Zone and Brody asked the guy who was setting up the VIP area where we could get one, and the nice was nice enough to hand us one! Besides the VIP's, we were the only ones I saw that got that bell. Brody is the best! : )
Brody's new hat. Mellow Johnny's--- Lances Bike Shop! : )
Our shadows : )
I have to say, I have no idea who any of these bikers are. Brody does, but he's too busy to sit here and label them for me (which is a good thing). : ) Some of you may know....to me, they all look the same! : )
We had a GREAT spot!
It was so fun to see those bikes and cars come tearing around that corner!! : )
This guy wasn't as good at tearing around that corner and ended up in the fence!
He and his bike were ok. : )
We keep seeing this guy, just walking his bike around blaring music.
Levi : )
Levi again....pretty much the only one I remember : )
Earlier that day we had entered a text contest with Radio Shack, to win some prizes.....and totally forgot about it, until I got a text hours later saying I was a winner!! I was so excited, I never win with those things! : )
We went to claim our prize and it was Lances new book signed by him, a signed poster and t-shirt, back pack....and some other things. : ) That was really fun, to win a Team Radio Shack prize!
After we left the Tour (about 7 hours later), we made our way over to Beverly Hills to try a cupcake place called 'Crumbs'.
...and got ourselfs some sweets (about 90% of them are still sitting in our kitchen as I type) : )
It was such a fun day!! I was SO glad that we were able to go together this year! It was so fun to see how excited Brody was about everything that was going on around us! : )
And we finished off the night with dinner at Disneyland and a ride on Pirates!! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment