"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, June 6

San O

Last night was the first of San Onofre Friday nights (of this summer)! This has been a family tradition since I was about 5 years old! I LOVE San O nights!! It is such a mellow beach & gives you a feeling of stepping back in time. No paved parking lots, over crowded beaches, snack bars or tourists (like we have too much of in Newport)---just grass huts, long boarders and people who have been coming for years! It is so relaxing.
We had a really good/fun group. Mostly my parents Singles Ward, and then lot's of others that have also been coming down with us in the summers! We also took the opportunity to start breaking in some new rainbows--it feels so wrong to wear brand new rainbows! =) But soon enough they will be all worn in. My last pair had a hole where my heal is. I thought I had more photos but I guess I didn't take as many as I thought I did. =)

Brody cooking us up some yummy dogs!
I guess this day was bound to happen--We showed up this summer and the towers that have been their since I was 5, have been replaced with this! ...This will take some getting used to. If you want to see the old tower go {here}
Jeff & Brody throwing around the pig skin =)
Little Gabby watching the surf & enjoying her first beach trip!
The Fishers Dog
We roasted some corn! It was SO good!
San O sunsets are SO beautiful!

Camille & Gabby
...enjoying some corn...& laughing apparently =)
The moon reflecting in the water (yes, a bit hard to see)
This too, has always been a tradition for ending the night! It's very cool, it looks like hot lava in the water!
It was such a fun night! And we are looking forward to many more San O nights!! What more could you want in life, then these simple pleasures & memories that last forever!? =)

1 comment:

Lisa Jarvie said...

It was so fun! We had 40-50 people! Great kick-off for the summer. Malia will be sad when seh sees the picture of the new lifeguard towers---remember when you guys were little and the two of you would play under the old tower and build little hammocks? Well, at least they stamped the new one "Old Mans"