"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, June 3

My first Camp activity!

Tonight was our Outdoor Cooking Certification night! We ended up being one of three wards at the South Lake fire pits, and it was a lot of fun for the girls to hang out with the other wards as well---which ended up very helpful for all of us---I showed up with two big bags of coals as the other wards were running out and in need, and they had extra tongs for us! =) We had all the girls make up their own tin foil meals at home, with whatever they wanted in them, ready to be cooked on the fire!....Here are some photos from our cooking adventure!! 
All the dinners seemed to turn out great! And since I hadn't eaten yet (thanks to what ended up being a bad peach in the morning) all the girls dinners smelled so good, I was about to go around taste testing! =)
Our girls hanging out while their dinners cooked 
Our girls with our YW Pres! =)

Mmmm Smores!
The girls eating their yummy smelling dinners!
Some of our girls getting toasted marshmallows delivered to them by our on site fire master! ;)
It was a really fun night! All the girls did great & it was fun to continue to get to know them and the leaders better! I am so relieved that it went so well! =)

No comments: