"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, January 18

While the boys were away, the girls were at play!

This past week was the big Dallas Market show, that my Dad and Brody go to twice a year to meet with their accounts and show them new product that has come out. While they were at the show my Mom and I had a lot of fun! We went to Disneyland, went on a couple rides and had a nice dinner! The next day while we were down near San Diego driving along the Coast Highway we came across this cute little Harbor where we ended up having lunch!
The Monterey Bay Cannery Restaurant
We also found these huge pirate looking ships, that they were busily getting ready for...something. =)

It was such a beautiful day to be exploring up and down the Coast---We had such a fun day, just relaxing & enjoying what a beautiful area we live in!=)
On Friday morning we drove out to Santa Barbara to watch Newport Harbor & CDM play in a Water Polo Tournament (with the other top 14 teams in the state). On our way up we made some stops. We stopped off in Montecito to see if we could figure out where Oprah Winfrey has a house---and happened upon the cutest cupcake shop ever! We were parked in front of the shop to mess around with our navigation system and I couldn't help but to go in! I met the shop owner, who was just the nicest lady! She explained to me all the wonderful flavors she has which are really unique--one was peanut butter with a peanut butter cup inside the cake part (I wish I got that one as well), another was a maple syrup waffle (I think I got those right?), and so many more fun flavors!!
I have tried some cupcake places, like 'Sprinkles'---which I have given several trys but I have always been really disappointed with Sprinkles. To me they are really dry and don't have a very good flavor, I think most of Sprinkles is just hype and trendiness. This cute little shop 'Whodidily', surpassed all our expectations!! This was the best cupcake we have ever had! My Mom and I were both pretty shocked by how moist and full of flavor they were. It was JUST how you want a cupcake to taste! If you are ever passing by Montecito you HAVE to stop off at 'Whodidily' and grab a bunch of cupcakes, it will be more than worth the stop!! I would love it if you could order them on-line and have them sent to you, I could go for a chocolate and a peanutbutter one! =)
Here are the gates to Oprah's estate! It was pretty fun to drive by it---it looks like it would be one amazing house! =)
Some shots of the Water Polo games. Newport ended up taking 4th, and CDM got 3rd!
It is a lot of fun to watch Water Polo! I have loved becoming more and more familiar with the sport, and following the Newport Harbor games! =)
Margot Money passing the ball (CDM team)
We stayed in this charming hotel right in Santa Barbara called 'The Sandman', it was really cute!
The Stake Center (or we kind of figured it was a Stake Center, it was pretty big) in Santa Barbara. It was really pretty!!
The Santa Barbara Mission!
We just drove by it before the game, so here is me and the mission....=)

The school where we watched most of the games was in such a pretty area! If you can see it, there is a house at the top of the hill with orchards around it. It was such a beautiful view! In between games we went over to State Street to shop and have a really nice lunch. Santa Barbara is such a beautiful area, it is always so much fun to spend time there! =) It was such a fun weekend!
We had such a fun girls week!! And now we get to look forward to having our guys back tonight! =) We are so grateful for all the hard work they do, and sure missed them this week! ♥

No comments: