The free part was a 'Self-Guided Tour', which for us is the best (and most fun) way to be able to do tours at your own pace and just see the things that interest us! =) Somehow we ended up in the engine room first---and when I say room, I don't give it enough credit, this area was SO big we couldn't believe it! I think it was several rooms (& floors) actually.
...And we should warn you, keep a little guide with you or an eye on a way to get out because if you're not paying close attention you could get all turned around and feel pretty lost (and sorta trapped) in there! But don't miss it! It was amazing to see all that machinery! =)
At one point you exit "engine city" and you are out side of the ship (but in a little room they have added) looking into the water at one of the massive propellers.
The view as we walked onto the ship again, via one of the bridges onto the top deck.
These gulls did not fear humans! There were tons of them at one end of the ship (people were feeding them), and they got a little too close for comfort! (I didn't have to zoom or crop for this shot) =)
Us strolling along the sun deck....aaand maybe thinking about going up for some Shuffle Board! ; ) ...I'm not sure I know a 100% what Shuffle Board even is....but it was on the map!
The view was amazing!
Brody entering the Wheel House, where we got to see where the Captain & Crew stayed.
The view from the top!
Captain's Bedroom
More shops and eating
After we explored the ship we headed over to 'The Pike' for dinner, where we ended up eating at Bubba Gumps!
It was a little bit of a wait so we took a walk along the water, and this was our view as we headed back to Bubba's---this is looking across to the Aquarium! It was such a beautiful day!!
Here is Brody's tie and our candy! =D
6 comments:
Looks like you had a great time honey--to bad we had to miss it! Love, Mom
You can find that candy at World Market! :)
Baillio's (who I'm pretty sure left the Anonymous comment),
Thank you for the thoughtful tip, we do go to Cost Plus World Market to get all that great candy that we love so much when we are in the UK visiting our family (That is such a fun store too, lots of really unique things)! At Christmas, my parents always fill our stockings with all our favorites, and Brody goes and gets fun things for his Sunday School class (They just love it, but who wouldn't right? =) ). What a great thing that we have that resource so close to us---before that, my Grandma or my Uncle would send me a box from England/Ireland. It is just so fun when you come across a new place that carries it! =) Anyways thanks again, it was nice of you to think of us and our candy needs. Hope you guys are doing great! =)
Oops, sorry, didn't realize it was anonymous! My mom is from England, I don't know if you know, but we love that candy too, so we look everywhere for it, and have to quickly replace it once it's gone, so I'm glad you found a new place to get it! Is it already gone, cause it would be in my house! :)
Totally fine! =) You guys were just the first people I thought of who also have close ties to the UK, so I took a shot! =) ...It is almost gone! I also got one of those BIG tubes of Smarties, and those are still around....for a little bit. And then it's off to Cost Plus!
I hear that soon you guys will have full access to all the candy you want! =) That is just SO exciting! It's one of our favorite places in the world!! You will have to keep us all updated (with lot's of pic's) on all your adventures over there! =)
Take care!! =)
I've always wanted to go on the queen mary! See any ghosts while you were on board?? Its haunted right? Glad you found your favorite candies!!!
Post a Comment