"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, July 2

What have I become?!

The past couple of nights have been really hard on my allergies. I have been waking up through out the night with beyond itchy eyes, coughing, sneezing and all the fun stuff that goes with allergies...and have very swollen eyes in the morning. I had a period where I wasn't able to get my shots, but am back on them now---but it takes a bit for them to really kick in again (I can't wait). 
Last night I decided to find and fix the source of evil that has been keeping me from a good nights sleep. I took off our non-feather "feather bed"--vacuumed the bed and the whole apartment twice, shut the windows, turned on the AC (something my Doctor told me to do), changed the filter and cleaned out my air purifier (turned it to high), washed all our bedding, flooded my eyes with eye drops and did my nasal spray!........I then collapsed on the undone freshly vacuumed bed -staring at the ceiling, with my air purifier going full blast, my eyes filled with drops (clutching the bottle of drops in my hand), Kleenex hanging out of my nose and pondering to myself whether or not to get out the humidifier because of my dry scratchy throat.....and that's when it hit me.....I have become Walter from 'Sleepless in Seattle'......It cracked us up!!  =) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! So great and funny! I can see it now....You're so funny to turn something so uncomfortable for you into something funny! Very you! :o)

Hope you are feeling better!! I love that movie too!