I
LOVE the 4
th of July! It is such a fun low key holiday, and this year was no different.We spent the day relaxing, eating great food, shopping and celebrating Laurens Birthday!
On our way over to my parents house we saw Lauren and Dad riding their bikes home from the wards pancake breakfast.

As we were hanging out in the front yard working on and washing cars, we heard sirens going off about every 10
mins. Upon investigating, we found that it was a fire engine that was giving rides to families and the neighborhood BBQ.

We went to South Coast with my parents to have lunch and search for some new sunglasses for Brody. He found some great Ray Bans---shown here! =)

Nice shades love! =)

After a successful sunglasses hunt, we then went to the store with my Mom to pick up some food for the BBQ--right when we walked in the door I snatched up a red, white and blue balloon bouquet of about 12. Brody and I then proceeded to play around and take photos with these balloons as we shopped.

Well one thing lead to another, and they all got away from us and ended up flying up to the ceiling!...I guess
that's why we shouldn't get balloons at the start =)

Brody went back and got more balloons, and we added this lovely Birthday smiley balloon---Which I had to keep safe on the drive home in the Bug.

As we really got going, it took some more effort =)
Whoo Hoo!

It wouldn't be a good holiday weekend with out a fun project!

Relaxing and BBQing in the back yard

WOW, what a spread! Everything was SO good!!

Lighting the Birthday girls candles--We did a fun re-make of the cake she had when she turned 1.

Walking across the 17
th Hole at the Newport Beach Country Club, to the firework watching spot. I love golf courses, it was so fun and peaceful being on the course at night with moon out!

I thought these looked kind of like palm trees...

Happy faces, and a normal firework...one of the "happy faces" looks a bit evil, don't you think? =)

We LOVE fireworks!!

They set up chairs on the green for people to watch the show--we could see the fireworks at the Dunes
perfectly!

It's Tennis time again--they moved it to the parking lot of the Country Club. This is where Brody and I had our first date, 5 years ago this coming Monday!!

Detail of Brody's
awesome new shirt! Perfect for the holiday =)

We had a blast hanging out with the
fam! Thank you guys again for such a great day!! ...Hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday weekend!
3 comments:
Hi Honey--the day was a blast- thanks for the photo documentation of it all--Dad and I love you so much! And Brody is the most cheerful, helpful and hard-working son we could ever hope for! See you soon...
You guys are too cute! I know I say that allot, but you are; I hope when I get married I am as happy and we have as much fun as you guys do! Good to hear you had a great 4th, and fun with your family! :0)
What a fun day and a great stroy. I loved the pics too.
I hope Lauren had a great Day! It's so nice to have her in the ward with us again. What a great family you are - the Jarvs and the Foys.
Post a Comment