This was SUCH a fun day!! I had a show on one night while working, and after it TMZ came on...they were talking this pumpkin patch in Hollywood that all the stars go to (and then showed a ton of star photos from this year already). My curiosity took over and I knew we had to go check it out! : )
It was SUCH a cute patch! Set right in the middle of the city, on a corner lot. Space is extremely limited, so they offer valet parking, there are homes, business and a really cute little coffee shop by it with beautiful outdoor seating. Right away I was pretty charmed with its city setting and feel! We walked in onto endless floors of loose hay, and came to the entrance where we quickly noticed the Paparazzi area that was fenced off to keep them in one area. So funny! Then we payed an entrance fee that then went toward the cost of our pumpkins.
They had pony rides, petting Zoo, picture spots, lots of different kinds of pumpkins in ALL sizes, face painting, bounce house, slide, a guy who carves your pumpkin for you, painting area, face painter, food and more! It was awesome! The only star we saw was the girl who played Punky Bruster back in the 80's and her family. We also know her as the girlfriend of Joey on FRIENDS who hit him too hard when she got excited, haha.
After the patch, we headed to The Grove to look around and get some lunch. My parents told us about this place that supposedly has "Americas best pancake" (that's quite a claim). We had fun exploring The Grove, finding Dylan's Candy Bar and a petting Zoo with an evil plotting goat (story and video below), and we did eat at Du-par's with the pancakes! And i'll tell you, it REALLY is the worlds BEST pancake!! SO, SO good! : )
Ok, so I kind of wanted to do the petting Zoo at the pumpkin patch, but forgot. So when we saw this on at the Grove I happily went in with my little cone of food. I quickly found out that these animals didn't like or was sick of the food pelites. By the time I got to the end I was a little discouraged, haha. I tried one more goat that seemed like he wanted food. I put some in my hand (this was all pre video) and leaned down to offer it to him forgetting about the cone in my other hand. He went right for the cone, took a bite out of it, head butted the food out of it and then stalked me for the cone....I finally gave him the cone and thats were the video starts. hahaha...
This LA day was a BLAST! And we are ready for more!! : )