"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, December 31

"Congratulations, you are caller 20!!"

Back in early November KOST 103.5 was giving away tickets to their private Christmas party at Disneyland. You could win by entering online, Twitter and Facebook...and of course, the age old being the right number caller into the radio station.
I tried when I could on the hour for days. Even though we go to the parks a lot, it sounded fun to check it out when it closes down for a private event. The night before the event, at around 8pm I called in and at around my 8th attempt that hour they picked up the phone and said, "Hello, who is this and where are you calling from?". I couldn't believe that I had actually won something from a radio station! I was SO excited!!
Camille and Jeff were supposed to come with us, but their little ones got sick the night before. We ended up giving their tickets to a nice couple leaving the park so they could stay longer. They were SO excited! We ran into them later on Main Street and they were so very appreciative. : )
Our event tickets

The main thing we LOVED about the event was how empty the park was. You almost never see it this empty, unless you stay around well after closing.
The holiday KOST logo in fog



See? Nobody around!!
Small World

It snowed every hour! It was pretty with little crowds around.
On Haunted Mansion

My favorite photo of us in front of the castle! A nice Cast Member stopped to take this for us. : )
The night was such a blast!! I am so glad I ended up being caller 20!

No comments: