"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, February 11

New Years Day

New Years Day evening, we all headed out to Casa Vega up in LA. This restaurant was seen in one of our favorite shows, 'Flipping Out' on Bravo. My parents had already tried it out and said it was amazing, so we were so excited to go!

There was a kinda a whole episode of 'Flipping Out' about this door.
It's a very cool door, AND it was hung properly too. ; )
Me, out by the CV hedges
The restaurant had such a great atmosphere, and was much smaller than I had pictured.
We were happy it was still decked out for Christmas, it was so fun with all that tinsel everywhere!!

This was the fried burrito empanada, I believe it was called. It was also in the top 5 best things I have ever eaten in my life!!
We can't wait to make it back up there!! It quickly became an all time favorite place! : )
After dinner we headed to the LA temple to look around at the Christmas lights. I had been awhile since we went up around Christmas. It was beautiful! And the new visitors center is amazing!
Brody took this shot, and I just love it!
City view from the grounds : )
Us : )

What a great start to the new year!!

No comments: