"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, November 7

Disneyland with family

A good family friend of ours, Jack Taylor, passed away this past week in his late 80's. Yesterday we were able to be a part of a wonderful funeral service, where we learned even more about what made him such a wonderful husband, father, grandfather and friend to all. He served in the military, including WWII---so they had the Marines there to carry out tradition with the gun salute and presenting the flag to his wife. It was such a beautiful service.

One of Jacks favorite things was Disneyland. So the family thought it would be a nice end to the day to go to Disneyland in memory of Jack, and remember all the many fun times they all had there with him over the years (since it first opened). And we were lucky enough to join in with them (since we all feel like family =) and be a part of the night! Brody and I (through a good friend) set up special seating for the group to watch the firework show, (seated) RIGHT in front of the castle, away from the standing crowd in a little VIP area. Everyone loved it, and we were so happy to do it for them! And all the lines were just 5-25 mins at the most, it was the perfect night for them! We had a great group with the Money clan, the Nicholson's, my parents and us. =)

Our seating area before they got the list to let us in.
Eating popcorn
We thought Donald looked hungry =)
Here we are before the show. My Dad now has a pass! It was fun to all be there. =)
Some of the group in our seats, we had about 12 of us in all.
Margot and I. We love Margot!

Some photos of the show! I was SO SO excited when I found out that they were doing my all time favorite firework show, AND we were SO close. I think it is called, 'Magical'? It is where they take you through the history, rides and lands at Disneyland. It is the BEST! =)




In front of the castle
All of us on Space Mountain =)



and Buzz Lightyear!


It was so much fun to be a part of this with everyone. We had such a great group! =)

1 comment:

Malia said...

Yay I can comment again! How fun for you guys! This was the first I heard about Jack. He was awesome! I remember everytime I'd see him he would shake my hand and grab my arm and say "How's the little athlete?" I'm glad you guys could have a good time with the money's!