We grabbed some dinner at this great Mexican place, Cozymels? I think it was...and got some fried ice cream. In addition to having great food, they had the BEST little hard candies on the way out---sort of a vanilla/lime mix. So good, that I have to admit I have tried to google them. =)
Then we went to our hotel (we got a great deal on the Marriott) and spent a nice long time in the jacuzzi/pool ---and discovered we had the best view in the hotel, because we could see some of the San Diego Temple. =) It was so awesome! (it's weird, it looked so much closer in real life than this photo shows)
Brody feeding the Seals fish
What you don't see in this photo is that I had to get rid of that fish fast or a bird would take care of it for me. (I think I "screamed" a bit, it was a big bird) I love how the seal looks, he is so ready for that fish.
We spent about an hour or so at the seals just watching and laughing, they are so entertaining. I caught everyone here at more of a "seal pondering" moment...haha =)
This seal here, we noticed was trying his hardest to look around ither side of Brody and I---we think he was trying to find people who actually had fish for him, and we were in his way. =)
Waiting for the Sea Lion show to start
I LOVE the shark area. They are so fierce looking...
da da... da da... da da....... ; )
...and these cute little guys. Love them! I love how they walk and try to move around all fast, they crack me up.
We went on the Arctic ride, which is a helicopter ride through the Arctic done in the same way as Star Tours at Disneyland. It was pretty fun, and made Star Tours seem like it should be moved to Fantasy Land for the kiddies---it was a crazy ride. The Arctic area is a lot of fun, I love it. (I guess I love every part of Sea World the most...if you can't tell) =)
Us and an Otter
We had such a great weekend! We are so happy that Jeff & Camille were able to spend the day with us at Sea World! We can't wait to go back for more. ....Weekends are the best, and we have more fun ones ahead of us....life is good. =)
1 comment:
I grew up playing on the beaches of La Jolla cove. My Nana lives just on the otherside of that first row of houses. (My aunt owns an awesome deli there too...next time you visit you should check them out!)
Anyway, that beach that is just to the right of the walk, it used to be the childrens pool. The waves are very small there because of the sea wall, and there are lots of tidepools. To the very right of it is a really cool cave that on a low tide you can walk right into it. Several years ago, the seals began to take ove the beach. All the people who live there tried to fight against the seals (after all, they have the WHOLE OCEAN), but in the end they lost out, and the beach was closed and the seals took over. It's really sad, because it was really the only safe place for people to go with their children.
Just a little history for you ;)
Post a Comment