"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, September 27

It's...

Halloween Time at Disneyland! I love this time of year, for so many reasons---one is that Disneyland is staring to get all dressed up for the holidays...and is a lot less crowded than Summer (always a plus).
Both parks are all decked for Halloween, and I just LOVE it. They have added a new firework show called 'Halloween Screams', and re-vamped 'Space Mountain' into 'Ghost Galaxy'. We set out to experience both of them, and we were lucky enough to be there on a night that was not too crowed (which was surprising since it was the first weekend of all the newness), and the lines were pretty short. It was so fun to see all the decorations....I guess I was too busy enjoying everything, I didn't take too many photos of the park all dressed up...oh well, there's always next time! =)
When we first heard that they were going to turn Space Mountain into Ghost Galaxy, I have to admit I was not expecting too much from it. Walking up to it they had a warning that it might be too scary for younger kids, and after going on it, I can see why! They did a really good job for it being a temporary theme (and it being a Disney ride)---there were a couple times that I jumped because of the ghost! We will diffidently be going on this one more.
(this photo makes me laugh...you have the guy in the front who is obviously a fan of the ride, and then you have the girl in the middle who may as well be in class daydreaming....haha....gooood times)

We love the Buzz lightyear ride. This time we got stuck in just the right place and I racked up a nice little score!! My best ever! It was pretty exciting!
My alien friend and I showing what level we got...I feel pretty good getting a better score than even a space alien can get! ; )
Waiting for the new firework show...we waited a loong time (but it went by pretty fast)---it was all worth the wait, when we got to see the show from RIGHT in front of the castle. It was amazing!
(the arrows are pointing at the castle entrance, we were too close to get us and the castle in the photo.)
This show was soooo good! Different villains showed up, and it was all hosted by Jack Skeleton---& Zero showed up a lot. =) I have so many fun pics of it, I just had to select 4 random ones. It was a blast seeing it up so close, and now that we have seen it front row, we can go on rides the next time, while everyone else watches it. I never thought we would wait for a show, but it really was worth the wait to see it that close. The show had so much energy!!
Love the pumpkin at night!...but next time we go I am going to try to get a photo where Brody does not have red eyes (or at lest one that will let me fix them) =)
This is the photo they took...the 'cast member' thought it would be cute if Brody gave me a kiss on the cheek---of course she does that move for the photo you have to pay for =) You can view the photos on-line and if you want the photo you can pay $13 for a 5x7...just can't bring myself to do that...so I took a photo of it on my computer! It's a cute one =)
Halloween time at Disneyland is so much fun (and im not a huge Halloween fan)! We are excited to go back and see California Adventure, the Haunted Mansion and more (gotta save some fun for the next trip)! If you have a pass or are thinking about going, this is such a fun time!! =)

Enjoy a little video of the new show!! =)

No comments: