
Some of our firework loot

What better way to start off the weekend then by relaxing at the beach...with patriotic toes! =)
This is a Ruffles Potato chip on fire! No, we did not add lighter fluid to this little chip, he is burning birght by is own greases! it made us all think twice about our chip choices! =)

This is the cake! I spent a lot of time on this one! I made the first one the night before, frosted it in the morning---and rushed myself a little too much and forgot to cut the dome off the middle layer. As you can imagine, on the drive over the poor cake started to crack and fall apart!! When we got to my parents house it was looking very sad. Brody offered to run to the store and get me a new cake mix (and luckily I brought my tools with me)....and I was able to save the cake (or sort of re-do it! =) And I think it came out really cute!
We did our own little firework show before heading off to watch the big one!
Brody had a lot of fun lighting off the fireworks we got (in his cute 4th of July shirt)! =)
So did John....he even got creative with how he would light them!
Our show was over a little too fast! We didn't buy much because we didn't know if we would get to them--now we know better for next year!
We ended up heading down to the water! It was SO SO pretty!! In the (really hard to see) photo below was the best shot I could get of the water with the TONS of boats all lined up to watch the show! The lots of lights toward the bottom of the photo are boats---one boat was playing patriotic music for a bit....it was so fun to see, because years ago my family took our boat out to watch the fireworks! =)
We had a great view of both the Back Bay and Big Canyon show---it was such a blast (no pun intended)! ;)
Brody and I with the two shows going on in the background! =)

We are so very blessed to live in this amazing country with all the freedoms we have, and are so incredibly grateful to those who fight everyday so that we can continue to enjoy these freedoms for generations to come! We hope everyone had a wonderful and safe 4th of July!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment