"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, May 10

Do I hear 50? 55? 60?...

Last night was our Girls Camp fundraiser! We sort of hijacked our pre-existing ward Cinco de Mayo party, once we found out (2 weeks ago) that we needed to do a fundraiser for camp! I sent out e-mails, did sign up sheets and rounded up all my girls and leaders and we had a GREAT auction!! 
Brody was such an amazing help! He was helping me all day--writing up "Thank you" stickers to stick on each treat & so much more......AND he ended up being one of the auctioneers (along with the 1st counselor of the Bishopric)!! It was so much fun, everyone was laughing and out bidding each other!  It was more than I could have asked for---our Young Woman's president and I were only hoping for about $300, we raised over $2,000!!!! We are going to have a great camp! Everyone was SO excited with how it turned out!

Here is our table full of goodies, and two of my young woman guarding it =)
One of the signs I made about 45mins before show time 
The Red Velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting that I made---both my trays went for around $90! I was so excited! (I also made two plates of frosted brownies that did well too) =)
People checkin' out the table for what they want to bid on! 
During the auction (too bad I was not sitting on Brodys side), one of my girls is on the stage "modeling" one of the cakes!
After all was said and done Brody was off playing ball with the young men! =) 
It was SUCH a great night! I am so thankful to all who help & humbled by those who donated so much for these girls! It was a success and it was so much fun to be a part of. Camp is going to be a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Traylor Family said...

Yum Yum! Our ward is pretty stingy, they would have been lucky to raise $300. Sad huh!