"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, October 16

I guess it was just a matter of time...

You may have heard about people stealing and defacing "Yes on 8" signs around town. I hadn't seen any of it....until tonight.  We had a "Yes on 8" sticker on Brody's car, and since he was in UT---I had his car. I pulled into Target and went in for awhile to look at the fun Halloween decorations, and by the time I got back our sticker looked like this: 
In case it is hard to read---the "Yes"  has been crossed out and they wrote "NO" over it, over the happy little family they put, "Live & let live". I have to admit, the "Live and let live" part kind of made me chuckle (even though there was a part of me that was a little  hurt. It felt little weird having something on your personal property defaced like that. But you can't take these things personally. It's sad that someone is that frustrated and maybe mad), It just sounds kind of silly. I guess that's what most of the opposing side is all about right? That we should all let everyone do whatever  they feel like, without any consequences. 
I haven't checked any polls recently but hopefully we are still ahead on this! A part of me can't wait for this election to be over, it really brings out the worst in people. 

No comments: