A week or so before Halloween Brody and I went to Mickeys Halloween party (a now long running tradition since they started it, around 6 years ago). We were having trouble figuring out what to be and everything we came up with never seemed very exciting or unique...until we came up with Mike and Celia from Monsters Inc. (one of my all time favorite movies!). It was so prefect too because (and here's where you might find out more than you want to know about us, haha), we call each other Googly Bear and Schmoopsie sometimes (the names have even appeared on Christmas gifts over the years, and....well, we'll leave it at, we have inside jokes tied to these characters and it was A LOT of fun to come up with the costumes! : )
I started Wednesday night and the party was Friday! Brody's was super easy, since you can pick up the shirt at DL. And I custom made us Trick-or-Treat bags for the night too---since the ones they had out are tiny and always seem to break. As always, I had SO much fun coming up with this and carrying out the idea!
They always add so many more decorations and effects around the park for the party! It really makes it feel different from the everyday, and more of a Halloween party atmosphere.
We ended up staying till the bitter end of it all, and ended up being the last of the guests on Main Street!! It was SO fun! We took some photos on the empty MS and the B&W one below is just one of them (I need to work on my camera set up when its on self timer, haha. We'll try again with all the Christmas decorations up! I have some favorites from the night, but would rather re-do them when we aren't in costume) : )
This was one of our favorite parts of the night! Because we ended up staying so long, we got to see them training new CM's how to make the famous Disneyland Candy Canes!! As I have said in years past when we have gotten these canes, I am NOT a fan of candy canes, but these are so airy and the flavor is so light---they are amazing! And the trainer brought us out some samples of freshly made canes. They were just as good as we remembered! : )
We got stopped so many times and got so many complements on our costumes. : )
It was SUCH a fun night, with my Googly Bear!




