"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, September 14

Some thoughts...


A lot of little things happened this past week, that in my heart, as they added up made me feel extra grateful. So much so that I started listing them down as blessings. Some are more personal and close to my heart, but a couple I'll share here...



As you all may know by now, I have been coming out stronger from a major trial that I can only now see as such a blessing in my life in so many ways! As I have said before, I have never been so sure that our Heavenly Father knows us and loves us individually and has a very tailored plan for each of us, as I have these past few years. This week I went to the dentist alone while Brody was out of town, to get 3 teeth worked on and a long time bad tooth pulled. While for some going to the dentist may not seem like a huge deal, but for me this was huge, this was in my mind a major milestone in a journey of personal recovery. And gave me a HUGE boost of confidence.
For a girl that because of anxieties and panic, at times couldn't even walk into a post office alone without the very real feeling of being seconds away from death (and at times, didn't leave home), this was nothing sort of a miracle and testament to how far I have come, and how much I have fought to regain my mental strength and independence back! 
The visit went great (even with a few obstacles), and I left feeling pretty darn proud of myself! : ) I am feeling so great lately! Even when I have a little bump in the road, I know how to handle it, I have so much peace and resolve in my heart, and I am SO grateful for the comfort the gospel brings to me so quickly. I could go on forever on this, and maybe soon I will do a followup to my 'Personal Trials' post. But for now, I just needed to gloat a little on how happy I am, how nice it is to feel stronger again and to note this step in my never-ending process of growth and learning in this life. 
Plus, it helped that I got to go from there to lunch with my Mom! I am so blessed to have such an amazing family who is always there for me. : ) 



About a month ago now Brody had some moles removed and this crazy mutant wart on his thumb treated. Every night he has to put a medicated cream on it, and was told to wrap it up good overnight. One of the first nights (maybe the 2nd) I noticed him struggling a little bit to put the bandaid on, I took it from him and offered to help place it just right over the bit of cream. Ever since, he or I have reminded each other that its time to zap the wart, or I'll hear him ask me to come help him with it all. 

This past week he was out of town for work for a few nights, and zapping the wart came to my mind. When he got home I asked him how he did without my help, he nicely explained that he did it every night that he was gone, that he could always do it just fine alone, but has enjoyed my help. Instantly I was reminded of how happily and tirelessly he has been right by my side over many years helping me through surgeries, miscarriages, medications, endless panic attacks and more---and it was then that I knew he could see that it meant a lot for me to give back some in return to him, even if it was just a small act. The whole thing made me feel even more loved and needed, and was another nice reminder than greater things are brought to pass by the small and simple things.

So still, every night, I help my hero with zapping his wart.

No comments: