I've been itching to fire up our slow cooker lately, and am looking forward to getting more use out of it this fall and winter. For it's first run of the season we chose to try a BBQ Chicken recipe I found on my favorite site called all recipes.com...I love reading everyones tips and reviews on the recipes! : )
We first used the chicken for sandwiches, and then as recommended in a review, we used it for a BBQ chicken/bacon pizza. Which the reviewer said was the best pizza ever! I thought that was a little dramatic, until I tried it---it really is some of the best pizza we have ever had!! : )
Everything was so good, that I had to pass it along to our blog world. you can find the recipe {HERE}
Reading some of the reviews, the following was suggested:
* Use Famous Dave's bold and sassy BBQ sauce
* Add a teaspoon of liquid smoke
*Shred the chicken and let it sit for the last hour
For the pizza:
*Use Pillsbury rollout dough
*Mozzarella cheese
*Cut up bacon bits
*Famous Dave's sauce
*and of course the shredded chicken
And follow the cooking directions on the dough...
So excited for more slow cooker adventures! : )

No comments:
Post a Comment