So excited about this post! There were SO many fun photos to go through and it was hard to pick, so I just put all our favorites up! : )
Last year Brody rode the Tour de Foothills when he was starting to seriously pick back up the riding habit---he loved this ride so much he couldn't wait to do it again this year and even got the rest of his family in on the fun as well! His parents and sister came from AZ and his brother and family came down from Ventura. We are SO happy everyone could make it, it was great to have everyone together.
Here's everyone in the 6am hour getting to the race site and getting ready to ride!
(and it was freezing and raining a bit here and there)

Love this photo! What can I say, me and my camera love him!!

The whole family ready to go!!
(From left to right: Brody, Kaye, Adrianne, Greg and Brooks)

All smiles and ready to ride!

Quick video of the start of the ride
(Brody bottom left, Greg and Brooks right)

I followed them through out the ride. Here was the first rest stop around mile 20 (out of 62), it rained on and off here, and the guys said that they rode through some good rain before they got here! Such troopers!!

This video always cracks me up!! I was panning the rest stop and got Greg coming in waving and then this random guy right behind him came in waving at my camera too. haha...I'm sure he thought I was from the race. : )
Coming back with some fuel for the next leg!
I even got a PB&J out of this stop, for all my hard driving. ; )

Looking from the very start of the climb up!
Brody told me that when he saw the steep climb ahead, he went "Whoohoo, let's do this!!" Haha, so very typical of Brody and his positive can-do spirit!
He said it was pretty tough, but he's so glad they did it! : )

At the top of Mt.Baldy Road....I had my bell all ready from last year!
The top right photo is the view from up there...if you click on it, it might get a bit larger, but the cities looked very small from up there!

The water station at the top of the climb. Luckily the worst was over at this point, and the guys didn't seem as beat as I though they might (when I was driving up it, everyone looked like they were about to drop dead), they all did SO great!! I was pretty proud and relived when they all got up there in good spirits! : )


Whoo hoo!!! The finish line!!
SO very proud of these guys, that was not a ride in the park with the rain and that mountain!
The girls did such a great job too, I thought for sure I would see them along the route as well, but unfortunately the two rides didn't meet up as much as they did last year. By the time I got back to the finish, they were already done.


The main organizer of the ride was nice enough to take this awesome photo for us! And asked us to put it up on their Facebook page, which we did. I love it! : )

With his well earned medal and the Tour jersey that I surprised him with! So proud of him!! I was SO excited to see him at the finish! : )

I'm going to frame this one too...it came out perfect!!

Little after race high five!


After a nice lunch provided by the race.
Lasagna, garlic bread, salad and even Double Tree Hotel chocolate chip cookies! It was so good!

....and another video that cracks me up! I love how they both stop because they are so tired from riding...but just had to get a little happy dance in! : )
Everyone with their medals!!
They all make riding a 30-60 mile race in the freezing rain look good, huh? : )




No comments:
Post a Comment