Things are starting to get busier, and that's a good thing! This past week we got a call from Mike & Laura (who used to live in our ward and now live up north) inviting us to 'The Toshiba Classic', we are SO happy they thought of us, I think it was JUST what we needed this weekend. It was so fun and relaxing (just what you need after a very busy week)!
We got to hangout in the Toshiba Box on the 18th hole. It was perfect, we got to just hang out together, eat free food, watch the groups come by and finish up their round....and pretty much cleaned them out of Diet Coke. : ) Plus they would come out with new food every once in a while. Sounds like a perfect day on the course huh? : )
Our view
(Brody and Mike)
Golf courses are so beautiful---and this looked more like fall than almost spring huh? : )
Watching one of the groups approach us....
Fred Couples thinking about his next move
Sometimes I just can't help taking this type of photo---you can see so clearly in his glasses : )
It was such a fun day and it was great to see them again!
Thank you guys again for such a great time!!
We also had the opportunity to chaperon the Irvine Dance. We always have such a great time, helping make the dance a fun experience for the kids and remembering the days we used to go to them....and sneaking a slow dance here and there ourselves. : )
This time around......I had to go out to the car to make sure it was locked, and as I was approching the door, this is what happened:
Door Leader: "Where are you going?"
Me: "Oh, I just have to go out and make sure my car is locked"
Door Leader: "Well you have to have a leader walk out with you!"
Me: "Really? Why?"
Door Leader: "It's the rules, we can't have you out there alone"
Me: "oooooook"
Leader who walked me out: "So what ward are you in? Are you having fun?"
Me: "Oak Creek....yaaa, Brody just put his sweater in the car and wasn't sure if he locked it so I was just running out to check...." (saying that, because I still wasn't sure why I had to have a leader walk me out)
Leader who walked me out: "OH! You're Brody's wife?!?! You're a leader?!! Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!"
(Both of us realizing what just happened, cracking up and walking back in side)
Leader who walked me out saying to Door leaders: "She's a leader NOT a youth!!"
(everyone laughing and saying they are sorry)
Haha. Love being mistaken for a youth! : ) Always exciting at a Irvine dance.

1 comment:
You are so youthful!!! How fun you get to chaperone those things! Oh the memories! Thats a cute story! Love ya!
Post a Comment