"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, March 14

D23 party

Some of you may remember I entered a photo contest with the Orange County Register to win tickets to the private D23 First Anniversary Party in Fantasyland, after Disneyland had closed (this past Wedensday night). Well, after a day or so I started to see the writting on the wall that my photo wasn't going to get enough votes (others had people voteing round the clock for a week.....and lets face it, not too many of us have that kind of time : ), so I looked into it, and it turned out you can just buy tickets to the party!! Who knew?

Here is a short little video of the start of the party before they let us all in to Fantasyland---with fireworks and all! They made everything so special

Waiting out in front of the castle, for it to be time to go in and party!

They had a D23 sign on the castle.

I loved all the little touches they had around for the night.

(Brody jumping)

As we walked in we were met with these awesome food tables they had set up EVERYWHERE. It seemed like every 6 or 7 feet there was a big food table. Full of sweets and hot drinks (and water, which is what we mainly had)

First thing I saw was these HUGE cookies, bigger than my head (if I had just moved it up a bit, it would have covered my whole head! I barley even had half of it) : )


Mmmmm rice crispy Mickey heads.....


On Peter Pan.....the only time you could just walk right on it. You could pretty much walk on all the rides, there was enough other things going on that everyone was pretty spread out. : )

They had characters there that are normally not around the park, which was really fun! : )
The Mad Hatter and Alice were really funny. This is when he told her that the flowers behind her were talking to her and she should go answer.....so she did.



These were SO good! Better than the ones they normaly sell in the park...I don't really know why that was....

Kinda dark, but behind us is Cinderellas glass pumpkin coach :)

This lady was the original Tinkerbell



This was one of our most favorite parts of the night!! We got on Tea Cups a little before midnight, and after our first ride, we got off and then looked back and only a couple people were getting on and there was a guy who just stayed in his tea cup.....so we ended up just going back into a tea cup from the exit & they let us stay on the ride for about 4 runs!! : ) Don't know if that will ever happen again, but it was such a blast!!

Putting all my might into getting it to turn : )

Brody laughing too hard to continue spinning it : )



As we left, we were given these pins as "parting gifts"! Too bad we aren't pin collectors! But I am sure I could find some pin collectors on Ebay who would love them! : )

Our wrist bands, that we had to have to get around the park to the different areas

A short video of walking through the party, and the last bit is on the Tea Cups! : )


It was such a fun night!! We are so glad we were able to go and get a different experience than we normally do at the park! : )

1 comment:

Alyosha said...

Wow! That looks totally amazing! You guys sure know how to have a good time. :)