"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, December 4

Oh Christmas tree...

We got our Christmas tree tonight, and love it!!
Since we could not find our normal lights, Brody wanted to give the new LED lights a try. So we got red, green and "white" ( I say "white", because they look more icy blue...which is kinda cool for winter), and I found ribbon that had LED's in it---it looked too fun to pass up. : )
We also got a new tree topper (but come to think of it, I'm not sure that we ever owned one?). I love the idea of trying to always keep true Christmas symbols in our home this time of year, and try not to go too "commercial". So we are keeping with the star (symbolizing the star of Bethlehem all high up on the tree) : ), but it is also sort of a fun star. I love it! I am also on the hunt for a nativity set that we love....and looks like I will have to take my hunt online.
And you can't beat having the smell of the tree! I love this time of year!! : )

1 comment:

Malia said...

Love it!!! Happy december!!! Looks like you guys had an awesome thanksgiving in Park City! How fun for you guys to go up and see lauren too!! Love you guys!! Merry Christmas!