"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, February 13

An interesting day!

Today I was working in LA as I have done for years, going down the same streets I have gone down a million times. But today was just a bit different, I was coming from Westwood and got off the 405 freeway at Hawthron. and I was planning on getting a quick bite at Taco Bell. So I was in the far right lane (in LA there are some streets where the 3rd lane by the curb can be parking or for driving depending on the time of day. I was in the parking lane) waiting behind some cars that were going straight, but I was planning to turn, so I was close to the curb. I had a big box truck in front of me...then he moved...That is when I noticed about 5 cop cars, and I didn't think too much of it at first (I have seen a lot of that over the years too) and was still planning on getting my lunch. The light just turned red and I was stopped RIGHT in font of the door to a furniture retail store, so I looked over and saw about 4 cops in front of this store standing just to the sides of the door to this shop with their guns drawn, and standing as if any second they were going to spring into action!! I could not believe what I was seeing, And I could not believe how CLOSE I was! I made eye contact with one of them and he didn't give me a very reassuring look! So I'm sitting there thinking, "turn green, turn green, turn green!". Then two more cop cars pull up and they get out of the cars fast with their guns drawn also! Acting very urgently---Now I am thinking, "TURN GREEN, TURN GREEN, TUREN GREEN!!" And then light turned green just as some of them went into the store! I had a BIG sigh of relief that what they were waiting for didn't come out while I was there & got back to work! It was a little scary having all of this about 5 feet away from my car and not being able to just drive away from it, I was in front of that store with all this going on for a couple mins, but when you have urgent cops with guns drawn that close, a couple mins feels very long! I'm still not sure what happened at that store today, but it was risky enough for them to get out the firearms in public!! I would have appreciated them blocking off the street! ...Well, all in a days work in LA! =)


PS- HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!! (tomorrow)

No comments: