"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, July 1

Monstrous Day

This Saturday we had planned on seeing Monsters University. We thought it would be fun to make a day of it and take advantage of all the Monsters fun that Disneyland offers right now. : ) 

We started off with lunch, trying out their special menu items for the movie. They were actually really good! 

Then we hopped across the street, grabbed ourselves a bench and waited a bit for the parade to come by...
This is Mikes 1-2 Punch. Sprite and Granny Smith Apple flavoring, with a light up ice cube. 

The first part of the Pixar Play Parade is all Monsters U themed. It's really cute! 

I love Squishy! : ) 



We got to the photo spot just in time to see Sully leave and get first place in line for Mike : ) 
Heres our improvised photo opt with Sully, haha! : ) 
Mike! 

The CM said she couldn't help but to take this photo, haha. 
Heading into the ride! 

Being a huge fan of the movie, I've always loved this ride. And the lines are usually nice and short, but with the new movie out, the lines have been so long! Kinda funny how that is...
"I'm watching...always, watching..."


I've seen photos of this 'Dancin' with Disney' event they do back by Monsters and Muppets, and we were finally there while it was going on. It is SO cute!! Just a big room with a DJ, lot's of dancing characters and big chairs a sofas around the room. 
I was so excited to see Marie! I loved that movie so much as a kid. : ) 
These two are always hilarious! In the last photo the pink one saw Brody with the camera and blew him a kiss, then the green one acted jealous, haha...
Upon leaving the park, we noticed that there was a big Hawaiian festival going on. With bands, dancers, vendors and our favorite shave ice truck!! So we grabbed some shave ice before heading into the movie! : ) 

SUCH a fun Saturday! : )