"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, October 17

Conference weekend

Conference weekend was really fun! I always look forward to having new favorite talks to listen to over and over on my Mormon Channel app! Such inspiration and comfort you just can't find anywhere else! : ) 
On friday we FINALLY visited a pumpkin patch! I have been looking forward to doing this for years, but we have always ended up being too busy, and the time for pumpkin patches slips away. Well, this year we found a beautiful patch where we could even pick them from the vine. I'm not sure why, but I LOVE pumpkin patches! So I couldn't help but to take advantage of finally being there and it being so empty---and got some fun shots of the two of us. I really love how they came out! : ) 
So, so pretty! 
We spent a good hour or so just slowly wondering around, taking photos and enjoying our surroundings....and searching for the perfect pumpkins.
It was a lot of fun to wheel around our selected pumpkins! 
( 3 of them pictured below ) 
Sitting among the giant pumpkins 
One of our favorites. : ) 
It was such a blast and such a great find! I think we'll be heading back more often for the different crops! 


On Sat we ran up to Disneyland for just a bit before the Priesthood session to check out the Halloween carnival back in Big Thunder Ranch. It was pretty cute. Loved the candy corn colored cotton candy, and the carved pumpkins! : )
I went to get a photo with skeleton Goofy, and he posed for a sec and then took my hand and took off with me in tow! He brought me over to a fortune telling game and spun the wheel for me....my fortune was something about spiders, haha! Go figure. ; ) 
<3 p="p">

Then we rushed home so Brody could pick up some of his Young Men for a pizza dinner before going to the Priesthood session of Conference. : ) 
Sunday morning I made some items I found on Pinterest (it's hard not to get somewhat sucked into that site, haha). I made "Birds Nests" (hash browns, eggs, bacon and cheese) and Cinnamon roll waffles! Both were delicious, and will be made again! It was the perfect food to snack on while curled up watching Conference! : )