"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, June 13

EEG "The Brain test"

As you know from my 'Personal Trials' post, I have been seeing a great Doctor to get my hormones in check and calm the Anxiety/Panic disorder that popped up after a couple of miscarriages. There was a lot to fix from the start, and we have come SO far in the time I have been fortunate enough to work with her. My levels look SO much better and everything is back on a healthier/normal track. 
We had hoped that by fixing my hormone levels it would help calm the panic (I guess sometimes that works). But it didn't go away. We had tried many different options and medications, most of which didn't like me at all. We found one that seemed to work well, but wasn't quite enough. So we opted for a test called an EEG, where they hook your brain up to a computer and read all sorts of information from it that will determine what it needs (what better than to get the info straight from the source, right?). We got the results back a couple months ago now, and have started on a new medication at a VERY VERY low dose, and it seems to be helping so much! I'm feeling more and more like myself everyday---and, through this whole process of getting things back on track, I have lost 20 pounds and still going!! It feels great! Even though there were some really hard days, I still wouldn't change a sec of it. I have learned and gained so much from this experience. : )

Life is oh so good, and feeling very blessed!

(I put that little face over the guy in the photo, because thats pretty much how I felt during the testing. haha)