"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, January 25

Happy, happy Birthday!

My birthday was earlier this month, and it was one of my all time favorites!!
As you may remember in past posts, every year since I was about 6(?) we have gone to the same Baskin Robins and picked out an ice cream cake. One of the most delicious traditions in my life! : ) This time when we walked in there happened to be a Tinker Bell cake sitting all by it's self. With it being Disney and now sort of a funny undertone of my life, the cake and I seemed to be MFEO. haha : )
When I got home from work I had the most beautiful flowers waiting for me! I have never had SUCH amazing smelling roses in my life. I miss them!
Also, the KindleFire was surprise gift from my parents. I LOVE it! I have been using it so much, it's a lot of fun. : )
That night we went with my parents to see Steve Tyrells opening night at the Orange County Preforming Arts Center. We have seen him a couple times before. The first being the weekend before our wedding, and then a couple years ago on Valentines night, and we had many of his songs at our wedding. He has a great voice and has had a very interesting career. He's most well known for his songs in the Father of the Bride movies. Some of my favorites are, 'Love like ours' and 'Simple Life'. {Click here for more}
The concert was awesome!! That beautiful music in a nice small venue, was so relaxing! I loved every minute of it. I only wish we could have gotten up a danced! : ) We got to meet him for the 2nd time. He's always so nice to talk with, and signed a Happy Birthday note to me!!
Oh, and last but surely NOT least!! Brody surprised me with replacing my computer!! 27'' iMac!! I've been in computer heaven ever since! It's so beautiful, and actually runs my programs!! It was a much needed upgrade that we will have for many years.
Do you see what an upgrade it was? My computer and I are still very much in the Honeymoon phase. : )
It was such a wonderful Birthday! I feel so very blessed!

No comments: