2009 was an interesting and great year---and stands out among the others. There were a lot of uncertainties with the economy, the change in government & a trial here and there (with my 2nd miscarriage). I think '09 changed us in a way that the past years have not been able to, and we now see life in a whole new way---and for that we are so very grateful. We learned a lot of lessons, some 1st hand and many 2nd hand, but the biggest lesson we will take into this new decade is that whatever the world may be up to, as long as we have each other, our family, friends, (and most of all) the Gospel, we have all we need for true lasting happiness in this life and in eternity! Come what may, and we will love it! : )
We spent New Year's Eve at a place that holds a very special place in our hearts, Disneyland! This was our first New Years Eve just the two of us, and with how busy things have been lately, it was the perfect date night! : )
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE New Years Eve, always have since I was young!
It is always so fun to be at Disneyland on this night---everyone has New Years hats, noise makers, dancing, saying "Happy New Year" to everyone they meet....it's just has a fun vibe!
This year they turned California Adventure into 'Club DCA'. It was pretty awesome! A red carpet entrance, with cast members taking photos, fun decor lights everywhere and different radio stations dance areas through out the park!
This was back by Monsters Inc. ride....a 2010 ice sculpture that they used to pour mixed drinks into to chill them fast. Of course we didn't partake in that, but it was pretty, so I snapped a shot of it. : )
On The Tower Of Terror (or when we went last year with Brad & Andrea, "The Tower of Fun" lol). The guy in front of Brody cracked us up....after the first couple drops, he loosened up : )
Party hat and noise maker station. We come every year, and this is the first time I have seen this....It was always a mystery to me where people got them....
This was our favorite ride of the night (Screamin' was closed)...it is the big rocket swing things (that are blurred in this photo) : )
...I just like this photo : )
We spent most of the night here! DaNcInG the night away, it was a blast!!
I even got to join in on the Electric slide...brought back some Stake Dance memories
We LOVED this fire!! They did it a lot and it helped to warm things up. : )
(Here you can see a bit of my awesome sparkle shirt! : )
The fire works were AMAZING!! Best we have seen yet. The funny thing is, they were going in both parks, so we were looking right, looking left, looking right, looking left again..... : ) It was so fun!
Happy New Year!
We hope everyone had a wonderful & safe New Years Eve. We hope that 2010 holds nothing but wonderful blessings for you and your families!! : ) We are so so excited for the new year and all the new and exciting things it will bring!! Cheers to a new year!
1 comment:
You guys are an amazing couple---Dad and I are so proud of you! You went throught the wringer this year and came out stronger and happier than ever. You're a perfect match for each other and I see nothing but smooth sailing ahead because you both have faith and you have each other. Happy New Year 2010!
(PS-Dad and I are now off Disneyland blackout and rarin to go!)
Post a Comment